All you can think of any more has been taken care of in the last two weeks.
After the most ridiculous semester ever, I wanted nothing but to sleep for a good 96 hours straight upon my arrival back to Lombard. But after getting back in town on the 17th, it was straight to the Ecuadorian Consulate's office on the 18th, followed by vaccinations, all the documentation for my Gilman Scholarship (woot woot), power of attorney, backing up 20 gigs of music to make more space for pictures, etc., etc.
And on top of that, it still seems there has not been nearly enough time to spend with friends and family before the 2nd. I hope in a way this can narrow the gap between Chicago and Quito (and for some of you, California, Milwaukee, New York...) for the next four and a half months.
Pending on the internet connection I can find in La Mariscal (en el centro de Quito, which is a hot spot for internet cafés as far as I have read), I'm hoping this will be successful.
It's been bitter saying goodbyes to all of you. But without question I know it will be sweet hearing from you and am already awaiting the excitement of getting to see you again.
Nevertheless, I cannot wait to escape and explore!
Cinco días hasta Quito!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
¡Amy, yo estoy envidioso! Me parece que tienes el tiempo de su vida en Ecuador. Tienes que decirme cómo la comida es porque me encanta comidas exóticas. ¡Bien, te diviertes y no te mueres de ninguna enfermedades extranjeras! Adios!
Post a Comment